The construction and power tool industry is integral for many tasks around the globe from creating homes and commercial buildings to use in everyday life. Since power tools and construction equipment are often exposed to harsh building environments, such as extreme temperatures, impacts, vibrations, and more, the industry relies on high-quality stampings capable of withstanding these conditions.
The strength, durability, and resistance of metal stamped components grants them the ability to hold up against heavy loads, aggressive use, and various types of rugged environments. Metal stamped components are made from various materials using numerous techniques, depending on the needs of the application.
What are the key metal stamping materials used?
Building owners, designers, architects, and general contractors tend to use metal instead of other materials for their projects due to its combined efficiency, durability, and minimal maintenance requirements. When selecting a material for metal stamping, it is crucial to consider the specific requirements and specifications of your project to ensure that all metal stamped components meet your needs.
Common metals used in metal stamping include:
- This is the most popular and commonly used metal for construction and power tool applications. It’s highly sustainable as it consists of mostly recycled metals and is subsequently used to create many sustainable structures that are both cost-effective and durable.
- If you’re in need of a versatile metal, copper is one of the best options. It’s useful for many applications because of its flexibility, durability, corrosion resistance, strength, and conductivity.
- Aluminum has a high strength to weight ratio and features more corrosion resistance than other metals.
- Similar to aluminum, titanium is both durable and lightweight. It’s frequently used for heating and cooling system construction due to its high corrosion resistance.
- Brass offers a smooth surface, high corrosion resistance, high conductivity, and the ability to be easily soldered. It’s often used for metal components in electronics.
- Both cast and wrought iron are often used for many applications in the construction industry because of their durability. While wrought iron is rolled toward the end of production, cast iron is melted, poured, and molded to form many parts in architectural applications.
What are the metal stamping applications?
In the construction industry, stamped metal parts need to be durable, reliable, and long-lasting. Due to demanding construction industry requirements and standards, parts also need to be resistant to rust and corrosion and capable of enduring extreme temperature fluctuations.
Applications for metal stamped parts within the construction and power tool industry include:
● Commercial and Private Buildings. Metal stamped parts are ideal when constructing commercial and private buildings due to their high level of precision.
● Equipment for Construction Projects. Metal stamping is used to create parts for power tools, industrial switches and connectors, panel fastening systems, and custom assemblies used in many construction projects.
● Appliances. Metal stamped parts can be found in a variety of home and commercial appliances, including dishwashers, washer/dryer units, HVAC systems, refrigerators, and more.
● Miscellaneous Construction Supplies. Metal stamped parts used in the construction industry can also include various types of brackets, housings, shields, clips, trusses, and lighting components.
What metal stamping techniques are used?
To produce metal parts, a metal stamping manufacturer uses certain techniques depending on the needs of the application. Generally, metal stamping entails feeding flat metal sheets through a stamping press. Using a tool and die surface, the press will form the metal into the completed shape based on the design.
A wide variety of components are created with metal stamping for the construction and power tool industry using several techniques, including:
- Metal bending
- Metal punching
- Metal coining
- Metal forming
The specifications of each project and product design will dictate which technique or combination of techniques is best suited for your needs.
Metal Stamped Parts From American Industrial
Metal stamped parts offer a range of advantages, making them crucial for power tools and construction applications. At American Industrial, we specialize in manufacturing precision metal stampings for a variety of industries. Our dedication to providing high-quality parts and commitment to customer satisfaction ensures reliable metal stamped parts designed specifically for your needs. To learn more about our capabilities, or to get started on your custom metal stamping project, contact us or request a quote today.