In the hardware industry, stamped parts come in all shapes and sizes, serving both as simple parts and intricate, complex components in residential and commercial applications. Used in everything from power tools to wooden doors and lighting fixtures, stamped metal parts serve a wide range of functions.
Common Hardware Applications
An extremely diverse industry, hardware encompasses countless types of components. Providing customizable, precise solutions for various applications, metal stamped parts are available in a wide range of styles and finishes. Some common applications for these parts include:
- Power tools
- Household tools and appliances
- Doors, handles, and door latches
- Lighting fixtures and switches
- Mechanical housings
- Large and small plates
- Catches, latches, and locks
- Machine and household mechanics
Fabricated Parts for the Hardware Industry
No matter your area of specialty hardware, certain types of stamped parts are indispensable, such as nuts, screws, washers, hinges, and various specialty fasteners. At AIC, we offer many of these in our portfolio. Below are some of our key offerings.
- Custom Fastening Solutions — Washers can be customized for a particular hardware use; typically, they’re used to distribute the load of a threaded fastener, reducing tension and vibrations, preloading an indicating device, and adding a locking function. They can also serve as spacers.
- Lighting Hardware — From recessed lighting to quick connects, these hardware components are designed for both style and function. Metal light clips, recessed lighting spring clips, ceiling light mounting plates, cover plates, back plates, and light covers (clips, rings, and ring reflectors) can all be manufactured via metal stamping to your ideal specifications.
- Power Tools — Precision parts for power tools require consistency and performance, and metal stamping offers both for channels, plates, pneumatics, probes, upper yokes, and muffler covers.
See more details on our portfolios page.
Hardware Manufacturing at AIC
The AIC team operates a state-of-the-art, in-house toolmaking facility designed to build high-quality stamped parts for the hardware industry and beyond. We control not only tool making, but the complete manufacturing process.
We also offer forming, prototyping and design, laser cutting services, and custom engineering capabilities, supported by value-added services such as deburring, painting, drilling, heat treating, riveting, and grinding to ensure the best possible finish and aesthetics. Backed by ISO 9001:2015 certification, we’re committed to quality in everything we do.
Selecting the right metal stamping partner can be challenging, but our team is ready to help. Review our free guide for help in finding a vendor, or reach out to us today to learn more about our precision metal stamping services and hardware specialties.