Metal stamping plays a crucial role in the hardware industry, supplying components for various residential and commercial applications. Manufacturers use the process to generate components of varying sizes and shapes, from simple to complex. Precision metal stamping creates diverse products such as door components, household tools, and lighting components. At American Industrial Company, a leading metal stamping manufacturer, our dedicated team offers comprehensive, turnkey services designed to exceed all of your custom metal stamping expectations.
Importance of Metal Stamping in the Hardware Industry
The metal stamping process is advantageous for the hardware industry for its:
- Accuracy. Automation allows metal stamping processes to generate even the most complex of parts repeatably and rapidly, all with tight tolerances and a high level of precision.
- Automation. By employing highly advanced computer-controlled programs, manufacturers can guarantee greater precision, faster production, quick turn times, and increased output.
- Lower costs. Automation in metal stamping lowers overall production and labor expenditures. The costs for secondary processes, such as plating and cleaning, are also affordable.
- Versatility. With so many types of metal stamping techniques available, as well as various material, profile, and finishing options, American Industrial Company can generate unique, custom-designed components to specifically fit your application.
When it comes to using metal stamping for the hardware industry, this process is a fast and inexpensive alternative for making high-quality products that can withstand wear, heavy loads, frequent use, and harsh environmental conditions.
Common Hardware Stamping Materials
At American Industrial Company, we offer a range of material options to meet varying customer needs, including:
- Stainless steel. Stainless steel has optimal strength, and this durable metal provides high levels of corrosion resistance as well, making it suitable for metal stamping. Its hygienic characteristics also lend it to uses in kitchen utensils, cookware, and parts for hygienic pumps. Manufacturers use stainless steel to produce hardware components for industrial sectors like aerospace, food and beverage, healthcare, and pharmaceuticals.
- Aluminum. Aluminum has a particularly high strength-to-weight ratio given its lightweight. It also has electrical and thermal conductive properties. These characteristics make it an optimal choice for hardware components in the aerospace, architecture, marine, and solar industries.
- Copper. Copper is non-reactive in the presence of thermal conductivity. Its heat resistance and ductility attributes make copper suitable for various metal stamped hardware components for the HVAC, healthcare, and plumbing sectors.
- Brass. This alloy possesses a smooth finish for a bright, aesthetically pleasing surface. Despite being a soft metal, it has good resistance to corrosion. As such, metal stamped hardware components are useful for automotive, electrical or electronic, and plumbing applications.
- And more
Metal Stamped Applications in the Hardware Industry
Precision metal stamping produces an endless array of standard or intricate components across diverse industrial sectors. At American Industrial Company, we offer customizable, precise stamped parts in a range of styles and finishes. Our metal stamped components have hardware applications as:
- Bolts, nuts, screws, and washers
- Catches, latches, and locks
- Cabinet and door handles and hinges
- Custom quick-connects and switches
- Household and power tools
- Large and small plates
- Lighting components
- Machine and household mechanics
- Mechanical housings
Fabricated Parts for the Hardware Industry
No matter your area of specialty hardware, certain types of stamped parts are indispensable, such as nuts, screws, washers, hinges, and various specialty fasteners. At AIC, we offer many of these in our portfolio. Below are some of our key offerings.
- Custom Fastening Solutions — Washers can be customized for a particular hardware use; typically, they’re used to distribute the load of a threaded fastener, reducing tension and vibrations, preloading an indicating device, and adding a locking function. They can also serve as spacers.
- Lighting Hardware — From recessed lighting to quick connects, these hardware components are designed for both style and function. Metal light clips, recessed lighting spring clips, ceiling light mounting plates, cover plates, back plates, and light covers (clips, rings, and ring reflectors) can all be manufactured via metal stamping to your ideal specifications.
- Power Tools — Precision parts for power tools require consistency and performance, and metal stamping offers both for channels, plates, pneumatics, probes, upper yokes, and muffler covers.
See more details on our portfolios page.
Hardware Solutions at American Industrial Company
American Industrial Company is committed to precision metal stamping products. With over 40 years of experience and our state-of-the-art, in-house toolmaking facility, our company is quality-driven, maintaining an ISO 9001:2015 certification to ensure our stamped components and services are held to the highest industry standards. In addition to metal stamping, our team also provides design, prototyping, forming, laser cutting, and value-added services to offer a one-stop shop for metal stamping, manufacturing, and custom engineering.
Contact us today to learn more about our metal stamping services or to request a quote. Also, we offer a free guide with helpful tips on what to look for when finding a vendor.